A brief history
The Cambridge Bowling and Recreation Club was formed in 2003 as a result of a merger between Floreat Bowling Club and City Beach Bowling Club.
Floreat Bowling Club was formed in 1954 and City Beach Bowling Club in 1959.
For various reasons the committees of both clubs decided that in the interests of members a merger between the both clubs was a desirable outcome.
Mr Ray Delmenico President of City Beach Bowling Club and Mr Barry Rubie President of Floreat Bowling Club were charged with the task of negotiating with the Town of Cambridge to facilitate the merger on behalf of and for the benefit of present and future members.
The merger became a reality and the club moved into magnificent new premises with two grass greens and two carpet greens in September 2003.
Mr Ray Delmenico was appointed as founding President of Cambridge Bowling and Recreation Club with Mr Barry Rubie Vice President.
The club has flourished in the ensuing years and has enjoyed success both on the green and as a warm and friendly place for fellowship.
In 2012 the Cambridge Bowling and Recreation Club created history by winning the Premier League Pennant.
Congratulations to all members past and present on their achievement in the establishment of our club which has provided much enjoyment for members and the community for years to come.